“Yet Another Multicolumn Layout” YAML is an XHTML/CSS framework for creating modern and flexible floated layouts. The structure is extremely versatile in its programming and absolutely accessible for end users.
- Focussed on web standards and accessibility
- Slim framework core with numerous extensions
- Robust, flexible layout concept columns & grids
- Design patterns for typography, forms, mircoformats, rtl support ect.
- Complete multilingual documentation
Direct link: YAML XHTML / CSS Framework
CSS frameworks have grown in popularity recently, enabling developers to rapidly prototype designs. The idea of CSS Frameworks is to do all the heavy lifting of the repetitive tasks you do over and over again on each site, allowing you to get faster results and get to the fun stuff designers love.
Main features of a good CSS Framework:
- rapidly speed up our development time
- should have a very small size
- have good documentation and tutorials
- have clean grid structure
You will need a basic understanding of the CSS framework you are going to use to understand why and how things get solved…
Direct link: 5 Popular CSS Frameworks + Tutorials & Tools for Getting Started